Tue, Dec 05|
Protecting Kids in the Digital Age
Essential strategies for parenting any age, from kindergarten to high school senior!
Time & Location
Dec 05, 2023, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Nashville, 123 Douglas Ave, Nashville, TN 37207, USA
About the event
Do you feel overwhelmed by all of the ways technology impacts your children and family? This workshop will strengthen your family’s online safety strategy through practical knowledge and tips, such as:
- Setting healthy boundaries for the technology your family uses.
- Determining what age is appropriate for social media, smartphones, and multi-player gaming; and understanding the dangers associated with each.
- How to talk to your kids in age-appropriate ways about sensitive subjects such as explicit content and predators.
- Using parental controls and monitoring software solutions to protect your kids from dangers online and setting time limits to prevent addiction.
- Transitioning from childhood to adolescence and eventually to adulthood; strategies for helping prepare kids for the next phase.